Restoring Synergy - Management of Complex Vestibular Dysfunction
Covid 19 Update On this Course
This course is now offered online as well as live! Healthclick has filmed this course in a studio, adding features not available in the live format. Visit this link to view information on this new online continuing education course.
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This two-day advanced course is designed for physical therapists and occupational therapists, who have prior experience in vestibular rehabilitation and are seeking to refine their clinical evaluation and treatment skills beyond the basics. Therapists who are comfortable with their fundamental skills will find this course helpful at adding more treatment options to successfully treat the complex dizzy patient. Patient diagnoses discussed will include cervicogenic dizziness, atypical BPPV, Persistent Postural-Perceptual Dizziness (PPPD), Vestiublar migraine, Acoustic schwannoma, superior canal dehiscence and concussion. Focus will be placed on case study applications with careful analysis of history, diagnostic clinical findings and classification of dysfunctions to allow optimal customized treatment protocols. Clinical skills to be taught will include fistula screening, cervicogenic screening, BPPV treatments beyond the posterior canal (anterior/ horizontal canals), acoustic neuroma management including exposure to facial rehabilitation techniques, migraine screening and treatments, and identification/management of PPPD. All testing and treatment protocols presented will be evidence-based and clinically relevant to more effectively manage the dizzy patient. Lectures will intersperse the refining of clinical testing protocols with specific intervention strategies for a wide range of diagnoses. Instruction will be provided via lecture, video, lab, detailed demonstrations, small group discussion and case studies. Each participant will receive a comprehensive manual that will include sample documentation.
- Perform canalith repositioning maneuvers to treat canalathiasis and cuplulothiasis for all semicircular canals.
- Recognize positional vertigo that has central etiology.
- Identify psychological problems that can affect the management of vestibular problems and learn how to modify treatment interventions, plans and goals.
- Recognize the role of Migraine as both primary (causing of distinct vertigious episodes) and secondary (traditional migraines leading to more persistent motion intolerance)contributor to dizziness and it’s impact on rehabilitation.
- Identify appropriate patients for rehabilitation and appropriate referrals to other medical practitioners.
- Perform a comprehensive oculomotor exam and interpret findings for clinical management of vestibular dysfunction.
- Develop improved management skills for patients with stable peripheral vestibular hypofunction including basic facial rehabilitation, expected outcomes, and treatment progressions.
- Identify the clinical presentation of patients with superior canal dehiscence (fistula) and current management strategies.
Download a Brochure
PDF Brochure - Restoring Synergy - Management of Complex Vestibular Dysfunction
Instructed by: Laura Morris, PT, NCS
State Continuing Education Course Approvals
All courses are pre-approved by the state licensing boards for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers for license renewal in the state the course is offered.
Courses provided by AOTA providers are accepted by NBCOT. 1 hour = 1.25 PDU. North American Seminars is an AOTA provider, provider #4487
North American Seminars, Inc. (BOC provider #P2047) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for the maximum stated hours of Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should claim only those hours actually spent in the education program.
Special Need Request - Please submit a help ticket if you require any special needs in regards to registering or attending a course.
Private - Sponsorship or Custom Version of this Course for your Team
Submit a Request
Online Continuing Education Course Resource For This Course
Instant Online Access, 365 days of access, Mobile Ready
Price when purchased with registration: $ 175.00
Delivery: OnlineMore Info
*Promotional prices for e-learning products are only provided when registering for live course attendance