The Running Course - Master Level Training for Peak Performance
Why take this course?
We are in the midst of a second running boom. With the popularity of running exploding so too has an epidemic of injury. The expectations to get your runners back out on the road, trails, or track can be stressful for the sports medicine team, not to mention the client. It is essential to be up-to-date on the clinically relevant and evidence-based evaluation and treatment approaches for injured runners to maximize functional outcomes in a safe and timely manner.
This hands-on, two-day advanced course aims to provide clinicians with the most up-to-date skills and knowledge required to evaluate and treat all common running injuries. Recent research is integrated with clinical reasoning to provide each course attendee with a practical, effective, evidence-based approach. A special emphasis will be placed on integrating running biomechanics, clinical examination, and load management findings into a comprehensive, criterion-based rehabilitation program for returning your runner to their peak performance. In addition, careful consideration of the role that motor learning plays in designing running gait retraining programs will be examined. Each course attendee will leave with both didactic and hands-on assessment tools to make informed, evidence-based rehabilitation and return-to-running decisions. The strategies taught in this advanced course will enable course attendees to provide their patients and clients with the highest quality of care that achieves excellent outcomes and value.Case studies will be utilized throughout the course to illustrate key concepts. This interactive will allow course participants to enhance their diagnostic, examination and treatment skills of injured runners of all ages and abilities. The overall course objective is to provide attendees with a thorough frame-work to make informed decisions that will enable the course attendee to become an asset in your community to runners, physicians, and coaches. A comprehensive course packet will include pictures, references and clinical pearls for quick reference in the clinic.
- Identify the intrinsic and extrinsic risk factors for sustaining a running-related injury.
- Assess the roles of physiological capacity and tissue loading on the design of an evidence-based injury prevention and return-to-run program.
- Perform a thorough assessment of running gait and provide re-education utilizing motor learning theory where appropriate.
- Perform a comprehensive, hypothesis-driven lower extremity evaluation unique to runners and integrate findings with gait analysis results to design a comprehensive, running-specific injury management program.
- Prescribe criterion-based strength and conditioning programs designed specifically to alter pathology, reduce pain, and enhance performance in runners of all ages and abilities.
- ntegrate the latest research findings into clinical practice to treat bone stress injuries, tendinopathy, patellofemoral pain syndrome, iliotibial band syndrome and other conditions commonly seen in both adult runners and youth runners.
- Design and develop a comprehensive return-to-running program utilizing the latest advances in running and load management research.
Download a Brochure
PDF Brochure - The Running Course - Master Level Training for Peak Performance
Instructed by: Jeffery Taylor-Haas, PT, DPT, OCS, CSCS
fact_check Accreditation Verification
View PT, PTA, OT and ATC Continuing Education Course State Accreditation
December 4, 2021 - December 5, 2021
15 hours of CE credit
Texas Children's Hospital Feign Center
Tuition: $ 399.00
Accepting Registrations Now - Call to Register
Reasons why we have “Call to Register?”
- Manage limited attendees per social distance req.
- Room size may be restricted and we need to moniter registration count
Complete the Captcha, Then enter your group contract number, then select verify. Once tuition is confirmed select Register
Not interested in the this webinar? The online version of this course is included in our All Access Online Course SubscriptionLearn more about our subscription
Bring this instructor to your facility or online just for your team
Submit a Request