Pilates Rehab Integration Strategies One Day Live Course Combined with an Online DVD Home Study
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This one day course blends home study training from a professionally filmed and mastered DVD with online access with face to face interactive instruction and hands on lab sessions. The course has been carefully designed to maximize the learning experience by combining the self-paced online/DVD home study materials with a focused hands-on training session in the classroom.
Pilates is an effective treatment tool when properly integrated into a rehabilitation program. The proper integration of Pilates principles for orthopedic, neurologic, and geriatric populations will be presented during the online educational course and reinforced with a one day hands-on training session supported with lecture. Case study presentations with discussion of the supporting theories of Pilates exercises are integrated into the live and online materials. Expert HD video demonstrates, with narration, over 80 Pilates techniques and exercises and is delivered online and with a DVD. The live session reinforces these concepts and techniques and provides comprehensive lab sessions devoted to learning, properly executing, and cueing Pilates mat exercises. Small apparatus, including foam rolls, Swiss balls, and rings, will be used during lab exercises for modifications and advancements.
Supporting written material is provided for the online as well as live training sessions, and a DVD is provided for self-paced offline learning and reference. Specifically, participants will receive a comprehensive manual containing information on the evidence-based practice of Pilates in rehabilitation (including references to current research articles, types of exercises, effectiveness of Pilates, comparison of Pilates with other forms of exercises, and the use of Pilates in various patient populations) and a professionally filmed and mastered interactive DVD with online access.
This course will provide a deeper understanding of how to properly perform and instruct patients on Pilates techniques. This understanding forms the basis for integrating Pilates principles, fundamental and core stabilization exercises into your specific rehab programs and real life patient related functional activities. Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to immediately integrate their knowledge in the clinical setting to provide a Pilates-based treatment program to the orthopedic, neurologic, and/or geriatric patient for improved functional outcomes.
- Discuss the latest evidence based research for integrating Pilates in the orthopedic, neurologic, and geriatric populations.
- Demonstrate understanding in the practical application of Pilates exercises covering a variety of conditions and diagnoses that are presented in a case study format.
- Understand proper progression of some of the basic mat exercises, with and without props, with discretion of patient appropriateness.
- Actively perform and demonstrate basic Pilates mat exercises that can be implemented in the rehabilitation setting.
- Actively perform, demonstrate, and teach Pilates exercises with use of small props, including foam rolls, resistance bands, Pilates rings, and Swiss balls.
- Understand the benefits of Pilates, specifically in the rehabilitation setting, for a variety of diagnoses, including but not limited to orthopedic, neurologic, and geriatric populations.
- Develop progressive rehab programs utilizing the fundamentals of Pilates principles for a variety of diagnoses to include: geriatric, neurological, work related in injuries, orthopedic and cardiopulmonary dysfunction.
Instructed by: Sara Koveleski Kraut, PT, DPT, NCS
State Continuing Education Course Approvals
All courses are pre-approved by the state licensing boards for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers for license renewal in the state the course is offered.
Courses provided by AOTA providers are accepted by NBCOT. 1 hour = 1.25 PDU. North American Seminars is an AOTA provider, provider #4487
North American Seminars, Inc. (BOC provider #P2047) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for the maximum stated hours of Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should claim only those hours actually spent in the education program.
Special Need Request - Please submit a help ticket if you require any special needs in regards to registering or attending a course.
Private - Sponsorship or Custom Version of this Course for your Team
Submit a Request
Online Continuing Education Course Resource For This Course
Utilizing Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outcomes
Utilize Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outomes Home Study - Instant Online Access to Online Material and Videos for 365 days, Downloadable Course Manual PDF
Price when purchased with registration: $ 165.00
Delivery: OnlineMore Info
*Promotional prices for e-learning products are only provided when registering for live course attendance