Utilizing Pilates Principles to Enhance Rehabilitation Outcomes
Covid 19 Update On this Course
This course is now offered online! Healthclick has filmed this course in a studio, adding features not available in the live format. Visit this link to view information on this new online continuing education course.
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This two-day course is designed to help medical professionals gain basic knowledge of Pilates theory and principles and be able to integrate it into their rehabilitation programs. The core stabilizing muscles will be reviewed, as well as how core stabilization is important to functional activities and activities of daily living. The lab portion will be devoted to learning, properly executing, and cueing Pilates mat exercises. Small apparatus, including foam rolls, Swiss balls, and rings, will be used during lab exercises for modifications and advancements. Application of the Pilates principles and exercises will be discussed for orthopedic, neurologic, and geriatric patient populations. Further discussion of case studies and current research will demonstrate how a Pilates-based treatment program can help improve core stabilization, balance, coordination, postural awareness, strength, flexibility, and mobility. Upon completion of this course, the clinician will be able to immediately integrate their knowledge in the clinical setting to provide a Pilates-based treatment program to the orthopedic, neurologic, and/or geriatric patient for improved functional outcomes.
- Describe the core principles and applications of Pilates and identify specific techniques that can be utilized to enhance functional movement within the rehab setting.
- Identify basic and advanced mat exercises to target postural and functional deficits and incorporate the appropriate exercises into patient specific rehab programs.
- Discuss the latest evidence for integrating Pilates in the orthopedic and neurologic and geriatric populations.
- Develop a program to enhance functional outcomes for patient’s presenting with symptoms such as, gait disorders, ataxia and/or balance disorders.
- Develop programs that improve balance, stability, and core strength in the geriatric population and in patients with a diagnosis of multiple sclerosis or Parkinson’s Disease.
- Develop a progressive program utilizing Pilates exercises to enhance outcomes for orthopedic issues, such as overuse injuries, arthritis, postural disorders, malalignment issues, low back pain, and sacroiliac joint instability.
- Demonstrate and teach Pilates exercises with the use of small props, such as foam rolls, rings/circles, and Swiss balls.
- Demonstrate an understanding of how to properly document using Pilates exercises in rehabilitation programs according to Medicare and insurance guideline
Download a Brochure
PDF Brochure - Utilizing Pilates Principles to Enhance Rehabilitation Outcomes
Instructed by: Sara Koveleski Kraut, PT, DPT, NCS
State Continuing Education Course Approvals
All courses are pre-approved by the state licensing boards for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers for license renewal in the state the course is offered.
Courses provided by AOTA providers are accepted by NBCOT. 1 hour = 1.25 PDU. North American Seminars is an AOTA provider, provider #4487
North American Seminars, Inc. (BOC provider #P2047) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for the maximum stated hours of Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should claim only those hours actually spent in the education program.
Special Need Request - Please submit a help ticket if you require any special needs in regards to registering or attending a course.
Private - Sponsorship or Custom Version of this Course for your Team
Submit a Request
Online Continuing Education Course Resource For This Course
Utilizing Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outcomes
Utilize Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outomes Home Study - Instant Online Access to Online Material and Videos for 365 days, Downloadable Course Manual PDF
Price when purchased with registration: $ 165.00
Delivery: OnlineMore Info
*Promotional prices for e-learning products are only provided when registering for live course attendance