A Master Clinicians Approach to Advanced Concepts in Examination and Treatment of the Shoulder Complex
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This two-day advanced course provides an in-depth analysis of the scientific and clinical rationale for examination and treatment of selected shoulder complex conditions. Over one-third of this course involves hands-on lab sessions utilizing case studies, clinical reasoning, differential diagnosis, and problem-solving skills. A particular focus will be on the algorithm-based examination format for the special tests of the shoulder. Updated evidence-based information on sensitivity/specificity and likelihood ratios of the tests will be thoroughly addressed. In addition, selected mobilization techniques, rhythmic stabilization, perturbation techniques, and open and closed chain exercises will be practiced in the laboratory sessions. Discussion of evidence-based rehabilitation will include the optimum exercises for rehabilitation of the shoulder complex, shoulder taping, proprioceptive/kinesthetic training techniques and the scientific basis for plyometrics. Emphasis will be placed on evidence-based practice incorporating the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment intervention strategies and clinical outcome studies for patients with selected shoulder conditions. Specific testing and treatment algorithms provide the clinician with the tools to achieve maximum functional outcomes and reimbursement.
- Identify an understanding of the basic concepts and principles of evidence-based practice into one’s own clinical practice patterns.
- Describe and utilize the resources available to research the current best practices.
- Demonstrate an understanding of algorithm-based examination and evaluation of the shoulder complex.
- Explain the key factors affecting clinical efficiency and accuracy when using an algorithm-based examination process.
- Discriminate and evaluate the examination findings using clinical reasoning skills to develop successful therapeutic intervention programs.
- Utilize a functional testing algorithm for clinical decision making for documentation for return to therapeutic activities and reimbursement.
- Develop an integrated evidence-based (when available) and empirically-based rehabilitation program for specific dysfunctions of the shoulder.
- Describe the selected shoulder disorders presented in this course and how the examination and evidence based treatments can enhance the patients’ ability to return to therapeutic activities.
- Differentiate an understanding of the most recent advances in the examination, evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, treatment interventions and outcomes of selected shoulder disorders using evidence-based concepts.
- Design effective outcome evaluation measures based on current evidence-based clinical and scientific information.
- Utilize tests and measures that have good psychometric properties that facilitate returning the patient to therapeutic activities and provide objective documentation to support reimbursement.
Instructed by: George J. Davies DPT, MEd, PT, SCS, ATC, LAT, CSCS, PES, CSMS, FAPTA
State Continuing Education Course Approvals
All courses are pre-approved by the state licensing boards for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers for license renewal in the state the course is offered.
Courses provided by AOTA providers are accepted by NBCOT. 1 hour = 1.25 PDU. North American Seminars is an AOTA provider, provider #4487
North American Seminars, Inc. (BOC provider #P2047) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for the maximum stated hours of Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should claim only those hours actually spent in the education program.
Special Need Request - Please submit a help ticket if you require any special needs in regards to registering or attending a course.
Private - Sponsorship or Custom Version of this Course for your Team
Submit a Request
Online Continuing Education Course Resource For This Course
Critical Analysis and Treatment Strategies for the Complex Shoulder
Instant Online Access, Color 136 Page PDF Manual for Download, 365 days of access, Mobile Ready
Price when purchased with registration: $ 155.00
Delivery: OnlineMore Info
*Promotional prices for e-learning products are only provided when registering for live course attendance