The Core - Stability, Breathing, and Training
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This intermediate level, one-day course challenges the clinician to focus on coordinating breathing control and core stabilization to optimize functional mobility and performance. The Neuromuscular techniques that enhance the synergistic function between breathing patterns, stabilization and coordination can be applied to patients in a variety of settings from acute care to the pro athlete.
Clinicians will be presented with the information to assess and correct a variety of breathing patterns and core stabilization strategies to optimize the most efficient pattern for all patients and conditions. A few of concepts that will be taught and practiced during this lab based course include appropriate postural positioning, reflexive stabilization, isometric rotational stability, proprioceptive facilitation, irradiation, approximation, and core integration with prime movers. Applications of techniques will cover beginning core activation for the post-op or ICU patient in supine position all the way to the high level performance client utilizing asymmetric positions.
- Discuss the concepts of the working model of the core.
- Identify how to reflexively activate the core using facilitation and approximation.
- Assess respiration and stabilization patterns and develop corrections to optimize performance.
- Identify musculoskeletal restriction in the cervical-thoracic region that may impede proper breathing patterns and functional movement and utilize techniques to restore function.
- Identify the most appropriate low level core activation activities that can be utilized to improve the functional movement for patients in ICU, acute and SNF settings.
- Identify the most appropriate core activation activities that can be utilized to improve the functional movement for patients in outpatient orthopedic and sports programs.
- Perform manual techniques to improve synchronized breathing patterns with core stabilization strategies.
- Develop progressive functional mobility programs to decrease pain and promote biomechanically optimal functional movement.
- Develop rehab programs that train and progress core stability with functional movements
Download a Brochure
PDF Brochure - The Core - Stability, Breathing, and Training
Instructed by: John Wilson, PT, DPT, MA, CSCS
State Continuing Education Course Approvals
All courses are pre-approved by the state licensing boards for physical therapists, physical therapy assistants and occupational therapists, occupational therapy assistants and athletic trainers for license renewal in the state the course is offered.
Courses provided by AOTA providers are accepted by NBCOT. 1 hour = 1.25 PDU. North American Seminars is an AOTA provider, provider #4487
North American Seminars, Inc. (BOC provider #P2047) is approved by the Board of Certification, Inc. to provide continuing education to Athletic Trainers. This program is eligible for the maximum stated hours of Category A hours/CEUs. Athletic Trainers should claim only those hours actually spent in the education program.
Special Need Request - Please submit a help ticket if you require any special needs in regards to registering or attending a course.
Private - Sponsorship or Custom Version of this Course for your Team
Submit a Request
Online Continuing Education Course Resource For This Course
Utilizing Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outcomes
Utilize Pilates to Enhance Rehab Outomes Home Study - Instant Online Access to Online Material and Videos for 365 days, Downloadable Course Manual PDF
Price when purchased with registration: $ 165.00
Delivery: OnlineMore Info
*Promotional prices for e-learning products are only provided when registering for live course attendance