Stroke Management and Treatment in the Acute Setting
This course is available for our private and course sponsor program
Why take this course?
This is a one day advanced stroke management course focused on identification and management of the barriers to achieving optimal outcomes in the stroke population in the acute care environment. Therapists will review the latest AHA stroke guidelines and assist therapists identify the key issues that need to be treated and managed in order to facilitate the best outcomes with early management in the acute setting.
This stroke course will investigate the critical issues in the stroke population such as the implications of the area of the brain involved in a stroke. Additionally, the impact of the cognitive, visual, language, and behavioral sequelae are explored in order to gain a full impact of the impact of a stroke. This assessement will form the foundation of the development of the appropriate stroke rehabilitation program. Literature for current cryptogenic stroke medical management, early mobilization, pharmacology are instructed as they will form the evidence that supports rehab program development.
Current evidence based practice, and incorporating evidence into the best treatment strategies for facilitating neuroplasticity are discussed. Learn strategies for treating complex cases such as pusher syndrome and cerebellar strokes. Case presentations will be utilized throughout the course as well as the importance of a team approach. This course is applicable for PT, PTA , OT and AT’s.
- Identify current diagnostics for diagnosing cryptogenic strokes.
- Identify stroke guidelines for early mobilization.
- Identify pharmacological interventions and their consequences in the early treatment of stroke.
- Define neuroplasticity and identify key concepts in facilitating neuroplasticity.
- Develop strategies for treating stroke survivors in the ICU.
- Identify common cognitive impairments after stroke.
- Identify essential education for support system in the acute phases of rehab.
- Define pusher syndrome and develop treatment strategies.
- Develop treatment strategies for individuals with cerebellar strokes.
Download a Brochure
PDF Brochure - Stroke Management and Treatment in the Acute Setting
Instructed by: Laura Wiggs, PT, NCS, CBIS
fact_check Accreditation Verification
View PT, PTA, OT and ATC Continuing Education Course State Accreditation
Complete the Captcha, Then enter your group contract number, then select verify. Once tuition is confirmed select Register
Not interested in the this event? The online version of this course may be included in our All Access, Annual SubscriptionLearn more about our subscription
Bring this instructor to your facility or online just for your team
Submit a Request